Translate

Saturday, 22 September 2012

the beauty myth

what is the beauty myth? well, it's what society tells us is beauty compared to what we think. I talked to 6 people, 3 adults, and 3 teens.I asked them what their definition of beauty is. Adult number 1 said," what makes me smile." Adult number 2 said,"it's whats within." Adult number 3 said." beauty is within the eye of the beholder." I am including my own definition for the 3 teens, so my definition is," Beauty is wearing things within your comfort zone and being confident when wearing them." wordy, yes, but that's my definition. Teen number 2 said," It's what you think it is." Teen number 3 said, "What makes people feel happy." None of these say, "A girl with a thin, sexy body," or, "A guy with a six pack and muscular arms." NO! Beauty is not having big boobs and a small butt, or having abs and muscles. It's not about wearing the right clothes or looking like models. It's about being comfortable with who you are. That's true beauty...

No comments:

Post a Comment